Monday, March 2, 2009

weight watchers is taking over my life

As most of you know, I signed up for Weight Watchers about a week and a half ago. I'm kind of embarrassed. I feel like The Watch (that's what Kelly and I have oh-so-cleverly been referring to it as) falls into the same stage-of-your-life category as hosting Mary Kay parties and going to bed at 9:30. However, several of my peers that I deeply respect have vouched for it, and they are certainly fine-looking, so I decided to give it a try.

Weight Watchers has taken over my life. The constant sensation of hunger is like a distant humming embedded in the landscape of my day's every thought. Food is not food; it is points. Running is not exercise; it is one more slice of bread (or, more realistically, one more glass of wine) I can consume before entering into the most dreaded of territories: over-budgeted points!!!!! The horror. Every food I lay eyes on I imagine divided into measuring cups

But hey--I'm getting skinnier. And eating healthier. And at least now I talk about my blog less because all I talk about is The Watch. Bear with me, friends; soon I'll be even more fun to look at! And this I mean sweetly, not sarcastically: Thanks for your support.

3 comments:

  1. BLOG ABOUT CANNONAU AND THAT AMAZING WOMAN THAT TOOK OUR ORDER!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many points would a briefcase full of Velveeta cheese be?

    Also, why aren't you posting before and after pictures in a skimpy bathing suit? I think you'd gain more male followers to your blog.

    ReplyDelete